SPARC 2010 Digital Repositories Meeting
Registration rates for the SPARC 2010 Digital Repositories Meeting will increase on 25 October. The hotel reservation deadline is also 25 October. So, here are 7 reasons why you should REGISTER NOW at http://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10.
- You’ll BE THERE as we collectively test new frontiers in the repository sphere, including: repository-based publishing services, open data, global repository networks, and financial sustainability (http://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10/drprogram/index.shtml)
- You’ll hear, in person, world-class speakers from all over the globe delve deeply into these topics, sharing with us their experience from inside and beyond repositories (http://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10/drspeakers/index.shtml)
- You’ll get a chance to learn about 21 hot new innovations in repository services, promotion, content, and discovery tools – in just 42 minutes, with your favorite refreshment in hand – at the SPARC Meeting Innovation Fair (http://www.arl.org/sparc/media/10-1014.shtml)
- You could make a couple hundred new friends. The SPARC Digital Repositories Meeting is the only large international gathering of repository champions, including repository managers, scholcomm liaisons, library directors, technologists, research funders, publishers, and others. Make new connections, find peer support, learn more about what’s working (and not) for other champions. Register and we’ll help connect you.
- Microsoft, ePrints, and @mire/DSpace want to talk to you about your favorite repository services, with others of like mind, at user group meetings you can attend without giving up any of the plenary sessions. These FREE Sunday and Wednesday meetings are detailed athttp://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10/drprogram/usergroups.shtml.
- Technology experts wait to SHOW YOU the latest developments in our Vendor Showcase (http://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10/vendor-showcase.shtml).
- Your library organizations think you should come (http://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10/sponsor_10/). Our program committee does, too (http://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10/drcommittee/index.shtml).
Get all the details and REGISTER NOW at http://www.arl.org/sparc/meetings/dr10.