SPARC Europe’s mission is to create change and build a better scholarly communication system for the future.
Our work is focused on achieving an open scholarly communication system. We believe we can best do this by:
- Working with policy makers to influence Open Access policy development at national and European levels
- Collaborating with other organisations to build effective networks of strong voices that can make change happen
- Building a network of European Open Access advocates who want to promote access to Europe’s research outputs for all
- Providing support for policy development and implementation through lobbying, policy advice, policy development tools and EU project work
- Developing advocacy tools to help raise awareness about openness and to help train your researchers and students to increase access to research
- Providing the Open Access community with up-to-date information on the latest developments in scholarly communication and Open Access
Learn more about our work.
Governance and management of SPARC Europe
SPARC Europe is governed by a Board of Directors. This is an eminent group of individuals well known within the European research library community.
Day-today running of the organisation is the responsibility of the SPARC Europe team.