Board of Directors:
SPARC Europe is governed by a Board of Directors which meets at least 3 times a year to discuss strategy and current state of affairs.
Membership of the Board is formed from representatives of some national consortia and other supporting organisations, and includes members of both the academic and library communities:
- Paul Ayris, Library Services Director / Copyright Officer, UCL – University College London, UK.
- Lluís Anglada, Consortium of Academic Libraries of Catalonia (CBUC), Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
- Emilija Banionyte, President Lithuanian Research Library Consortium and Director Vilnius Pedagogical University Library, Lithuania.
- Raym Crow, Senior Consultant, SPARC, USA
- Jean-François Lutz, Head of Digital Library, SCD Nancy-Université, France
- Caroline Sutton, Sales & Marketing Director Co-Action Publishing / OASPA President, Norway
- Sylvia Van Peteghem, Chief Librarian, University of Gent, Belgium
- Frank Scholze, Director of Library Services at KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology), Germany
- Jan Erik Frantsvåg, Open Access adviser, University Library of Tromsø, Norway
- Nicolaie Constantinescu, Information Architect, Kosson, Romania
- Bożena Bednarek-Michalska, information specialist, Nicolaus Copernicus University Library in Torun, Poland
Daily management and implementation of the strategy fall under the responsibility of the European team:Lars Bjørnshauge, Director of Library Relations Alma Swan, Director of Advocacy Janna Wellander, Programme Officer