SPARC Europe Briefing Papers / Position Papers / Talking Points
SPARC Europe publishes briefing papers, position papers, opinion pieces and talking points to support the OA community on specific topics. We have published the following papers so far.
- Making moves towards the large-scale transition to Open Access, 2016
This opinion piece is by Ralf Schimmer who makes an ambitious proposal on how to flip to Open Access in a global concerted effort
- Better ways to evaluate research and researchers, 2015
This briefing paper addresses the issue of research evaluation, which is at the core of scholarly communication. It also looks at alternative metrics for the more effective assessment of research.
- Electronic Publication: Intended and Unintended Consequences, 2015
A SPARC Europe talking points paper on developments in electronic publishing for the Humanities from the Getty Research Institute.
- Text and data mining for research and innovation purposes, and its importance. 2015
SPARC Europe’s recommendations to the European Commission and the European Parliament on changing European copyright law to ensure easy access to data for text and data miners.
- What is the best licensing framework for scholarly material? 2014
SPARC Europe’s guidance on licensing scholarly work.
- A SPARC Europe Talking Points paper on Peer Review, 2014.
Putting librarians and researchers more in the picture about current peer review, especially in respect of Open Access journals.
- Publishers’ Content-Mining Policies, 2014.
Alerting the library community to publisher text-mining and data-mining policy changes, the potential issues surrounding them and how to respond to them.
- Open Access in the Social Sciences, 2013
A briefing paper highlighting the benefits of publishing Open Access for social scientists.
- Open Access for the Humanities, 2013
Pointers for Humanities researchers on the Open Access outlets available and the issues surrounding them.
All SPARC Europe Members have access to all our services, including briefing papers and more. Not yet a member? Please join us!