The 2010 SPARC Europe Annual Meeting (combined with LIBER Steering Committee on Scholarly Communication) will be held during the LIBER annual conference in Aarhus, Denmark, on Tuesday 29th of June, consisting of:
- Welcome and introduction by Bas Savenije, Chair of SPARC Europe Board of Directors
- Presentation about the SPARC Europe Strategy by our recently appointed Executive Director (Astrid van Wesenbeeck)
- A presentation by Wim van der Stelt entitled ‘Springer Open Choice’ to stress the Springer’s vision on Open Access and the role of Springer Open Choice on the road to Open Access. Wim will address in particular project pilots running at Dutch universities but also at the Universities of Gottingen, California and Hong Kong
- A presentation by Johan Bollen entitled ‘New ways to determine the impact of research publications’ aimed at providing us an insight of the MESUR project as an example of new ways that can help determine the impact of scholarly publications
- A panel discussion on how these developments can enhance the transition towards Open Access and the role SPARC Europe may play in this transition.
The 2010 SPARC Europe Award for Outstanding Achievements in Scholarly Communications will be presented at the LIBER Annual Conference in Aarhus, Denmark, on 1 July 2010.