About SPARC Europe
Stichting SPARC Europe, or SPARC Europe for short, is a foundation based in the Netherlands, with participant organisations from a diverse body of academic institutions, library consortia, funding bodies, research institutes and some publishers, among others; all committed to delivering on the promise of open access and open science/scholarship in Europe.
Personal information is collected to inform administration and communication processes that include
- to invoice our members (by consent)
- to send libraries or other contacts either/and our SPARC Europe newsletter or SCOSS newsletter to communicate updates (by consent)
- to communicate with libraries and contacts on developments and activities at SPARC Europe or of interest beyond SPARC Europe in the realms of Open Access, Open Science or Open Education (legitimate interest)
- to see what our libraries think about SPARC Europe and what your perceptions are on Open Access, Open Science or Open Education in surveys to be able to address your needs more specifically (by consent)
- when you use one of our services such as “Evaluating your RDM Offering” (by consent)
- when you post an event to our website (by consent)
- to communicate with other organisations and individuals through surveys related to Open Access, Open Science or Open Education (legitimate interest)
This information may include the first and last name, function, function change notes incl. previous name, organisation name, address, postal code, email address, telephone number, and other billing information.
This data is stored in a secure environment. It is accessed using passwords, backed up on a daily basis. This data is stored in the Netherlands.
In the case that you end your participation with us, we delete your data after 4 years. If you withdraw consent to use your data as mentioned above, your will be removed form any list within one month.
We keep certain financial data related to participation, projects or staff for fiscal reasons for 7 years and then delete the data that is no longer necessary to maintain our activities.
For newsletters, we use Mailchimp, where servers are located in the US. Access o data is secure via password. Data is password protected. MailChimp account passwords are hashed. Their own staff can’t view them. They have brute force protection. MailChimp meets the conditions of the EU-USA Privacy Shield.
Re information you provide us with via our website’s forms, we store information provided via our: contact form, supporter form, post an event, data as submitted on the Evaluating your RDM Offering form and comments (by consent). This is to allow us to contact you.
Re information provided to us via surveys run by us, or by third parties on our behalf, our surveys will clearly explain their purpose and consent will be sought for any personally identifiable information that is gathered. The survey itself will clearly detail why we seek to obtain personally identifiable information, what information we collect and what we will do with the data. In all cases where you do not provide your personal data, we will only have access to the IP address of the computer you used to complete the survey.
SPARC Europe does not store any of your personal information in cookies.
We do not share your personal data with third parties.
We do not carry out any decision-making based on automated data processing or profiling.
You have the right to: have access to your information, have any incorrect data rectified within a reasonable period (within one month), have the right to receive it in in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request (portable), you may make a complaint about the use of your data, or have your personal information removed. This can be done by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the address mentioned below, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our email newsletters.
If you would like to lodge a complaint on how SPARC Europe is dealing with your data, you can contact the Dutch Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en, or write to Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, Postbus 93374, 2509 AJ DEN HAAG
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact email@example.com or write to:
7324 AK Apeldoorn