This network was formed as a result of a meeting held at OE Global in Delft in April 2018. We have over 103 members from 27 countries, so far.
Calling all European academic librarians: please join the network to share your experiences with peers from across Europe. Please join us if you are not yet a member by mailing us at email@example.com
A 3-year strategy for the European Open Education Librarian Network was published in May 2021. It leads our work.
European survey into Open Education in libraries of Higher Education
The results of our first survey of libraries in European institutions of Higher Education was published in June 2020: find it here. It was the first of its kind. Since then we annually publish a survey to follow progress in the area. The most recent one was published in October 2022. It is available here.
Members of the network
List of current members of the network
Other related important networks (in alphabetical order)
- CILIP: https://www.cilip.org.uk/
- Creative Commons: https://creativecommons.org/about/program-areas/education-oer/
- EMMA Education https://www.emmaedu.co.uk/login.php
- European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU) https://eadtu.eu/
- Global Open Libraries Network, Gard Titlestad and based on the draft report “A network of Global Open Libraries, GOL
- IFLA: https://www.ifla.org
- International Council for Open and Distance learning (ICDE): https://www.icde.org/
- Open Education Global: https://www.oeglobal.org/
- OpenupEd: https://www.openuped.eu/
- SPARC (US), Open Education: https://sparcopen.org/open-education/
- SURF Special Interest Group on Open Education: https://www.surfspace.nl/sig/5-open-education/
For general questions, or to join the network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org