Open Data policy and advocacy resources for you to re-use
We moved towards providing Open Data resources in 2017, working closely together with DCC.
- Developing an Open Science Policy in Cyprus, A Case Study , 2018
This case study describes the process of creating an Open Science policy in Cyprus.
- Data management. Learning from the innovators: 2 leading funders compared , 2018
This short policy analysis compares the data policies of Wellcome and the European Commission on a number of levels: on their take on open data, DMPs, FAIR, infrastructure and rewards for example.
- Open Data Case Study: UK Concordat on Open Research Data , 2017
This case study describes the UK’s Concordat or agreed principles for working with open research data in the UK in a more harmonised way.
- An Analysis of Open Data and Open Science Policies in Europe Version 2 , Update Jan 2018
This report looks at national Open Data and Open Science policies in Europe: at who has led them, how hard or soft are they and other policy characteristics.
- SPARC Europe Briefing on the Value of Open Data to Institutions , 2017
This briefing paper provides guidance to the risks and benefits of Open Data and RDM for institutional research managers.
- A Snapshot of Open Data and Open Science Policies in Europe Update Oct 2017 , Update Oct 2017
This paper links to a variety of national and regional policies from across Europe.
- SPARC Europe Open Data Citation Advantage Briefing , 2017
This SPARC Europe briefing paper shows some of the evidence that open data practice is having a positive impact on certain academic domains.
Europe’s Open Data Champions
This highlights some of the persons who are driving Open Data forward in Europe’s academic communities.