This network was formed as a result of a meeting held at OE Global in Delft in April 2018. We have 80 members from 23 countries, so far.
Calling all European academic librarians: please join the network to share your experiences with peers from across Europe. Please join us if you are not yet a member by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A 3-year strategy for the European Open Education Librarian Network was published in May 2021. It leads our work.
European survey into Open Education in libraries of Higher Education
Our second annual survey on the topic of Open Education was published on 17 May 2021. We received more than 380 responses. Results will be shared as soon as the analysis will be finished.
The results of our first survey of libraries in European institutions of Higher Education was published in June 2020: find it here. It was the first of its kind.
First results were published in the 2020 Envisioning Report for Empowering Universities, published in April 2020. See here for more information.
Members of the network
Next virtual meeting: 23 August 2021
Other related important networks (in alphabetical order)
- CILIP: https://www.cilip.org.uk/
- Creative Commons: https://creativecommons.org/about/program-areas/education-oer/
- EMMA Education https://www.emmaedu.co.uk/login.php
- European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU) https://eadtu.eu/
- Global Open Libraries Network, Gard Titlestad and based on the draft report “A network of Global Open Libraries, GOL
- IFLA: https://www.ifla.org/
- International Council for Open and Distance learning (ICDE): https://www.icde.org/
- Open Education Global: https://www.oeglobal.org/
- OpenupEd: https://www.openuped.eu/
- SPARC (US), Open Education: https://sparcopen.org/open-education/
- SURF Special Interest Group on Open Education: https://www.surfspace.nl/sig/5-open-education/
For general questions, or to join the network, please contact email@example.com